Nurse Unit Manager- Surgical
Posted by: Sigma Resourcing
Posted date: 20-Aug-2012
Location: New South Wales, 2444
- Exciting career opportunity
- Great Sydney North Shore location
- Full time permanent position
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced RN with management experience to join the surgical team of this modern hospital in the Northern Suburbs of Sydney.
Your role as a NUM is to:
- ensure the provision of an appropriate and safe standard of care
- lead, direct and coordinate patient care
- ensure the practice of nursing is safe and efficient
- lead and coordinate the health care team at the ward/unit level
- manage the ward/unit effectively and within the budget allocation.
The successful applicant must have:
- a current AHPRA registration,
- a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in acute surgery or perioperative nursing
- management experience and demonstrated skills in clinical leadership, staff education and team work.
- demonstrated abilities to organise their work in a systematic, accurate and timely manner displaying flexibility in a changing environment and
- demonstrated abilities to manage difficult and emergency situations is essential for this role.
- experience in acute cardiology desirable
Please contact Benoite for more information on this role, by phone on or email (see below)
Must be an Australian citizen or hold a valid working visa.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Benoite Boucoiran on , quoting Ref No. JID346.